There will be fireworks going off every night (and day!) from now through New Year’s.
This is the time when lots of animals run off and go missing because of the loud scary noises coming out of the sky.
Below are a couple tips to hopefully keep everyone safe and happy:
Make sure your dog or cat always has somewhere to hide if he or she wants to and has access to this place at all times; this could be under some furniture or in a closet.
- Walk dogs during daylight hours and keep cats and dogs indoors when the fireworks are likely to be set off.
- At nightfall close the windows and curtains and put on music to mask and muffle the sound of fireworks.
- Don’t punish or fuss over your pet when it is scared.
- Make sure your cat or dog is always kept in a safe and secure environment and can’t get out if there’s a sudden noise.
- Keep yourself calm so no feeling of anxiety will pass on to your pet.
FELIZ NAVIDAD Y ANO NUEVO PROSPERO