Our mission is to provide low cost spaying and neutering of dogs and cats, and to promote the general welfare of animals in our community and surrounding areas.
AMIGOS DE ANIMALES BOQUETE PANAMÁ
DECEMBER 2021 NEWSLETTER
THANKS TO YOU ALL!
This has been another interesting year (yes, we live in interesting times), but as we approach the end of 2021, we have much to be thankful for: our vets, volunteers, and donors—everyone who helps the clinics run smoothly.
We thank our donors, the volunteers who give us their time and energy, the tireless vets. More specifically, we thank those who help us set up the day before and clean up late in the afternoon. We thank the local businesses who give so generously, as well as individual donors of food, supplies, money, and time.
We appreciate those who take the registrations and check everyone in and provide transport. For those who work in the kitchen and cook and clean for us all, we are grateful, as we are for those who whisper to the cats and comfort the dogs, give injections, shave and tattoo; those who work with the vets, do the taxiing, clean the instruments, sterilize the body wraps, sterilize the equipment and manage the laundry; those who recover the animals and ensure that their guardians have the information needed to help their animals after surgery.
We love those who feed and trap and bring in stray animals. We are so grateful to the town of Boquete and its citizens who have worked with us over the years and fully embraced our mission. And there are, of course, the vets, without whom none of this would be possible!
We thank you all!
The 2022 Amigos de Animales calendar is going fast! It is available at the BCP Tuesday Market, Sugar & Spice, Mike’s, MailBoxes and Larry’s Place. Be sure to get your copy before they are all gone!
MARK YOUR 2022 CALENDAR – UPCOMING EVENTS
• Training – Wednesday, January 12th – mandatory for all new and returning volunteers
• Volunteer Appreciation Party – Sunday, January 16th @ 2-4 PM
• Clinic – Sunday, January 30th
• Fundraiser – “Non-Raffle” – February 1st to April 21st – initial details here
• Annual Meeting – Thursday, April 21st @ 10 AM
On Sunday November 21, we took our van and 25+ volunteers to the park in Caldera. Dog Camp worked with local agencies to get a list of 100 animals to be sterilized. Amigos de Animales spayed or neutered 89 animals – 62 dogs and 27 cats. Our vets were Dr. Virgilio, Dra. Amanda and Dra. Sandy.
Although we were limited in the size of our clinics, in 2021 we were able to spay or neuter 1,864 animals, and we have done 20,431 since 2005. (See below for more statistics on the clinic)
We have made gift certificates in the denomination of $8 and $15, the cost of an individual sterilization for a cat or a dog. Do you have a friend or neighbor or worker who has an animal needing to be sterilized? Please tell them that the procedure will make their animals safer and free them from the worry of the related illnesses or injuries that might ensue with cat or dog fights.
These certificates are an easy way to help. They are available at the Animales table at the BCP Tuesday Market or at the clinics.
Thank you to everyone who donated to our Giving Tuesday campaign. We have raised $2,495! You can still donate here
YEAR-END FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
Amigos de Animales was started in 2005 as a direct response to a need in the Boquete community. At the time, there were packs of street dogs and feral cats roaming the streets and there was no access to, or information about, sterilization for these animals.
We have sterilized over 20,000 animals, but at a clinic of 200 animals we will have a shortfall of over $2,500. We rely on fundraising and donations to make up the difference.
With your help, we are making a difference in our community. Please donate here
KIBBLE & BITS:
• Food Drive: We are continuing to feed the dogs and cats in Boquete and we still need your help. We have raised $10,675 toward our goal of $15,000.
You can donate by clicking here
• Spay or neuter your animal: we have a waiting list of over 300 for animals to be spayed or neutered. Contact Rosa, our appointment coordinator, at 6563-8686 to be added to our waiting list.
• We have been updating our website – check it out here
• Animales is always looking for stories and pictures to share in this newsletter.
Please contact Alicia at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
• We are in need of volunteers to help with social media, fundraising and community outreach. You do not need to be in Panama to help.
WAYS TO HELP AMIGOS DE ANIMALES:
• Donations: Any amount will help. If you are a U.S. citizen, you can deduct $300 on your tax return ($600 joint) even if you don’t itemize deductions.
Click here for ways you can make a donation
• If you would like to volunteer for Animales, contact Alicia at email@example.com
• If you can donate dog or cat food, please drop it off at the Amigos de Boquete office in Alto Dorado or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Don’t forget, the Animales Events Center is available to rent for meetings and gatherings of any kind. For rates and dates, contact us.
Here are the statistics from the November 21st clinic:
Here are the statistics for 2021:
Thank you for your support! We could not do what we do without all of our incredible donors, sponsors and volunteers!
Contact Alicia at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Copyright © 2021 Amigos de Animales, All rights reserved.